Screws are very common in our daily life to fix things in furniture or other parts. With our screws, there are a lot of wobbly things, such as our closet and some iron-like things. If we do n’t put It is installed stably, so sometimes many dangerous accidents occur, just like the protective fence outside our window. If it is really smashed, the consequences will be unthinkable, but sometimes our screws will loosen after a long time and cannot be completely long. At this time, we will adopt a new type of screw, which is a self-tapping screw. I will introduce the method for you below.
Self-tapping screws are simply screws that can be tapped on their own. I found that many friends on the Internet are very concerned about what is a self-tapping screw. The difference between self-tapping screws and ordinary screws is that ordinary screws must have processed screw holes before they can be screwed in. Self-tapping screws are not required, and tapping is performed at the same time as screwing in. In order to achieve the purpose of self-tapping, such screws are generally pointed to facilitate squeezing into the object to be screwed.
1. Self-tapping screw is a type of screw with a drill bit, which can be drilled, tapped, fixed and locked at one time through the construction of a dedicated electric tool. Self-tapping screws are mainly used for the connection and fixing of some thinner plates, such as the connection of color steel plates and color steel plates, the connection of color steel plates and purlins, and wall beams.
2. Self-tapping screws are often exposed outdoors and have strong corrosion resistance; the rubber seal ring can ensure that the screws are not leaking and have good corrosion resistance.
3. Self-tapping screws are suitable for the use of wood materials, which is what we often call wood screws. Generally, it is manual operation. Due to the limitation of manpower, such screws are generally very small and the scope of use is relatively narrow.
4. Self-tapping screw is a combination of tap and bolt. The front is a tap and the back is threaded. On generally softer materials, drill a hole and screw it in. Tap the thread from the tap, followed by the bolt thread. If the screw diameter is small, the material is also very soft. You don't even have to punch holes first, such as screwing into wood.
5. Self-tapping screws are usually described by three parameters: the diameter of the screw, the number of threads per inch of length, and the length of the screw. There are two types of screw diameter grades: 10 and 12 grades. The corresponding screw diameters are 4.87mm and 5.43mm. There are three levels of 14, 16, and 24 threads per inch. The more threads per inch, the more The stronger the drilling ability.
The emergence and production of self-tapping screws have solved many problems that cannot be solved by ordinary screws in our daily life. At the same time, the emergence of self-tapping screws has also provided us with a lot of safety guarantees for our usual safety problems, and brought us a lot of life. A lot of convenience and rest assured. It is also this small self-tapping screw. We have also greatly improved the precision of certain instruments or mechanical equipment. For us, sometimes scientific research technology is also a Great progress, with our self-tapping screws, we will have more solid and stable daily necessities.